Thursday 2 August 2007

Finger on the Pulse

I am Don Clarke. I am an acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist in Horsforth, Leeds. I am also a teacher of Chinese medicine and responsible for the teaching of pulse taking at the Northern College of Acupuncture. Over the last few years I have been developing my skills in pulse-taking, an essential ingredient of practicing Chinese Medicine. I practice a system of pulse-taking and teaching which has been developed by Dr John Shen and Dr Leon Hammer. It is based on traditional concepts but includes contemporary ideas. It seems to be able to provide an enormously accurate picture of the disharmonies present in an individual.
The system is based on the traditional six positions but also includes 22 "complementary" positions which provide much additional information about different organs and areas of the body.
It provides a structured process for teaching pulse-taking which has made the process of learning the skills much more accessible for the Northern College of Acupuncture's students.

No comments: